That looks pretty humble, right? Not even close. This was just another awesome dish that was made by Southern Hospitality | Whimsy Chef Josh Brandner, paired with Milk Punch, a drink I really enjoyed getting to know.
This recipe is really simple and comforting. I’m pretty excited to add grits to the bottom of the bowl for lots of delicious, savory breakfast and dinner whimsy combinations.
- 4 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup stone-ground cornmeal grits
- Freshly ground pepper & salt
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Blackened White Fish
- Dredge fish in cajun Seasoning
- Josh recommends: Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends
- Heat milk, butter and 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in the cornmeal.
- Cook the grits over moderate heat about 40 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add Goat Cheese and salt to taste
- Cook seasoned fish lightly on a hot, dry cast iron
- Do not overcook