Luci has an easy smile as she swiftly rolls out Scratch Southern Biscuits in her Seattle kitchen. She’s a temporary transplant in Seattle, here with her husband WC Josh Brandner as he completes his surgical residency at Harborview.
She and Josh make a pretty awesome team in the kitchen. Keep this biscuit recipe handy for the next time you are in the mood for a full Southern Brunch or just a simple biscuit with honey. Read about this amazing Biscuit Benedict on their full post, Southern Hospitality | Whimsy Chef Josh Brandner
- 4C Flour
- ½t Baking Soda
- 2T Baking Powder
- 12T Butter
- 2T Salt
- 2C Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut chilled butter into dry mix until pea-size crumbles form.
- Add buttermilk and mix to form a dough.
- Fold a few times & roll out
- Cut into rounds and load onto baking sheet,
- Space or not? Spacing 2 inches apart if you like or let them touch if that's more your thing.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown on top, about 15 minutes.