Because every brunch needs something sweet. Luci is a momma of three and naturally that means the kids get something special for their own, however, these waffles snuck off with plenty of the adult guests as well. This recipe using whipped egg whites folded back into the batter renders a light and crispy waffle that disappears as fast as a Sunday Morning.
Josh and Lucy encourage you to try cane syrup, a Southern tradition worthy of such an awesome waffle recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs
- Add the yolks to the dry mix
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredients and mix well
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.